Let My Prayer Arise (mp3 download)
Item No. 008401d
“Let My Prayer Arise” is a rare offering in the world of Orthodox liturgical music recordings. A men’s trio: Joel Perry (tenor I), Andrew Finzel (bass), and Peter Farley (tenor II) of St. Herman Orthodox Church in Littleton, Colorado sing popular arrangements of select traditional Orthodox hymns. Unfortunately, Mr. Perry unexpectedly passed away before the project could be completed as originally planned, but this limited collection is being made available in his memory, and priced accordingly, at just $4.95.
Download the liner notes (PDF).
The tracks included are:
- Cherubic Hymn — Georgian Chant "Thou Art a Vineyard";
- Troparion to St. Herman of Alaska — Alaskan Melody (Tone 4) - Arr. J. Maksimoff;
- The Eyes of All Look to Thee With Hope — Composed by Monk Martin;
- The Exapostalarion of Holy Monday-Thursday — Bulgarian Melody - H. Erickson;
- Eis Polla Eti Despota — Composed by Dmitry Bortniansky;
- Troparion to All Saints of America — Obikhod Chant (Tone 8);
- O Come Let Us Worship — Composed by M. Kovalevsky;
- The Lord’s Prayer — Composed by Monk Martin;
- Kontakion to St. Herman of Alaska — Greek Chant (Tone 3);
- With the Souls of the Righteous — Obikhod Chant (Tone 4);
- Hymns of St. John the Monk Nos. 1 and 8 — St. John Damascene (Tones 1 and 8);
- Let My Prayer Arise — Composed by Dmitry Bortniansky.
Total running time: 26 minutes
Artist: St. Herman Men's Trio
Let My Prayer Arise
O Come Let Us Worship
The Lord's Prayer
With the Souls of the Righteous