Defeating Sin: Overcoming Our Passions and Changing Forever
Item No. 008649
by Fr. Joseph David Huneycutt
Defeating Sin will help readers better understand the disease that troubles the human soul. Fr Joseph David Huneycutt provides invaluable aids in the spiritual life. He arms readers for spiritual warfare by giving them the tools to help them repent, to turn away from the passions and toward the virtues, and to make a thorough confession.
Providing both the “diagnosis” and a course of spiritual therapy, Defeating Sin investigates the nature of the passions and the saving grace of the virtues. Many fundamental questions are explored:
- What led to the fall of the devil and his angels?
- What led to the fall of Adam and Eve, our first parents?
- What causes our own falls?
- How can we identify the deceptions and temptations of the enemy?
- How do we get up when we fall?
- How can we struggle toward God-pleasing solutions to our problems?
About the Author: Fr. Joseph David Huneycutt is the author of several books and leads retreats on the passions, the virtues, and confession across the country. He is the pastor of St Joseph Orthodox Church in Houston, Texas, and is well-known for his Orthodixie blog and podcast.
Author: Fr. Joseph David Huneycutt
Paperback: 180 pages
Dimensions: 5.5 X 8.5 inches