Orthodox Study Bible
The first ever full-length Orthodox Study Bible in English presents the Bible of the early church and the church of the early Bible.
The Orthodox Study Bible is the fruit of over twenty years of labor by many of the best Orthodox Christian theologians of our time. This long-awaited single volume brings together an original translation of the Old Testament from the Septuagint with the classic Orthodox Study Bible: New Testament and Psalms. Here, by the grace of God, you will find the living water of His Word with comprehensive study guides and teachings that bring to our modern world the mind of the ancient Christian Church.
Orthodox Christianity is the face of ancient Christianity to the modern world and embraces the second largest body of Christians in the world. In this first-of-its-kind study Bible, the Bible is presented with commentary from the ancient Christian perspective that speaks to those Christians who seek a deeper experience of the roots of their faith.
The Orthodox Study Bible uses the New King James Version of the Bible as the basis for a fresh translation of the Septuagint text. The Septuagint is the Greek version of the Bible used by Christ, the Apostles, and the early church.
The new Orthodox Study Bible contains the entire Old Testament of the Orthodox Church, including the "Deuterocanonical" books. Based on the New King James Version, it offers a fresh translation from the Greek text of the Septuagint.
The Orthodox Study Bible includes:
- New Testament from the New King James Version
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians
- Easy-to-Locate liturgical readings
- Book Introductions and Outlines
- Subject Index
- Full-color Icons
- Full-color Maps
Additionally, the most recent edition contains a number of improvements over the original edition:
- The Psalms have been retranslated from the Septuagint.
- The notes for the Psalms have been greatly expanded.
- The NT notes have been revised slightly.
- The liturgical notes at the top of the New Testament pages have been expanded and placed into their own section at the foot of the page.
- The index to the notes at the back, as well as the glossary, have been expanded.
- New study articles have been added to the back of the Bible.