CD Praise the Lord All Ye Nations
Item No. 007253
by the Patriarch Tikhon Choir in English and Church Slavonic
The Patriarch Tikhon Choir, under the direction of Vladimir Gorbik (Moscow, Russia), released a new CD on November 1, 2015. This is the first CD by the international choral ensemble, established in 2013 for the purpose of presenting Orthodox sacred music in its highest possible form, striving to unite heartfelt spirituality, a deep love for the tradition of Orthodox Christian singing, and an uncompromising standard of musical professionalism. The assembled international choir of 30 consists of singers from Russia, the U.S., and Canada.
The tracks on the CD represent a distinctive program of works by Russian and American composers, featuring works ranging from traditional chant arrangements to complex composed works by prominent composers.
- Petar Dinev — Bless the Lord, O My Soul
- Boris Ledkovsky — Blessed Is the Man
- Vladimir Morosan, arr. — Lord, I Have Cried
- Benedict Sheehan, arr. — Saturday Prokimenon
- Walter Obleschuk, arr. — Vouchsafe, O Lord
- Alexander Gretchaninoff — Lord, Now Lettest Thou
- Sergei Rachmaninoff — Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos
- Archpriest Dmitry Allemanov — From My Youth
- Sergei Rachmaninoff — To Thee, the Victorious Leader
- Deacon Sergiy Trubachov — Many Years to Thee, Master
- Benedict Sheehan — Trisagion
- Maxime Kovalevsky — A Mercy of Peace (Anaphora)
- Sergei Rachmaninoff — We Praise Thee Dmitry Bortniansky ~ Let God Arise
About the Artistic Director: Vladimir Gorbik is the Choirmaster at the Moscow Representation of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra and Professor of Conducting at the Moscow State Conservatory.
Artist: The Patriarch Tikhon Choir
Bless the Lord, O My Soul
Lord, I Have Cried
From My Youth
Let God Arise