2023 Icon Calendar: Saints and Martyrs of the Early Church (First to Third Centuries), Julian version, old calendar
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates. Buy in bulk and save.
|Buy 5 - 14||and pay only $14.36 each|
|Buy 15 - 49||and pay only $12.76 each|
|Buy 50 or above||and pay only $11.17 each|
Item No. 006560
2023 Icon Calendar: Saints and Martyrs of the Early Church (First to Third Centuries) Julian or "old" calendar edition. If you celebrate Christmas/Nativity on January 7, this is the proper calendar for you.
- 11" X 12" full-color calendar features large calendar boxes (1-3/8" X 1-3/4") for recording your important date reminders
- Major saints and feast days traditionally celebrated in Orthodox countries around the world are listed
- There are two 11" X 12" pages for each month, with a large size icon image on the top page, and a calendar page below
- A hole is drilled at the top of the calendar, so that it is easy to hang on your wall
- Biography on each of the featured saints
Features the following saints:
- Saint Ignatius the God-Bearer, Archbishop of Antioch (Feast Day: January 2)
- Saint Clement, Bishop of Rome (Feast Day: December 8)
- Hieromartyr Polycarp, Bishop of Smyrna (Feast Day: March 8)
- Protomartyr Thekla, Equal to the Apostles (Feast Day: October 7)
- Holy Martyr Justin the Philosopher (Feast Day: June 14)
- Holy Mother Paraskeva of Rome (Feast Day: August 8)
- Hieromartyr Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon (Feast Day: September 5)
- Holy Martyr Tatiana of Rome (Feast Day: January 25)
- Hieromartyr Cyprian, Bishop of Carthage (Feast Day: September 13)
- Holy Martyr Laurence, the Archdeacon (Feast Day: August 23)
- Saint Dionysius of Alexandria (Feast Day: October 18)
- Holy Martyr Anastasia (Feast Day: January 4)
About the Calendar Dates
The feast days shown on this calendar in bold, blue type are the twelve great feast days of the Orthodox Church. Other feast days of some of the most popularly venerated saints of the Orthodox Churches around the world are listed in black, regular type. Dates are listed according to the Julian or "old" calendar.
Many days throughout the Orthodox church year are designated as fast days (on which we refrain from eating meat products, milk products, fish, wine, and oil). These fast days, marked in red type, include the four canonical fasting seasons (Great Lent, the Apostles’ fast, the Dormition fast, and the Advent fast), as well as almost every Wednesday and Friday. When a major feast falls during a fasting season, fish, wine, and oil are allowed. In addition, there are also several fast-free weeks and other special fast days. Because fast day designations vary slightly from church to church, consult your local parish for further details.
Credits and Acknowledgments
The icons appearing in this calendar are used with the permission of the iconographers and/or photographers. Any commercial use of this calendar by dismantling or selling prints, or using any part for any form of reproduction (electronic or otherwise), is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from Ancient Faith Publishing.
Gregorian or "new" calendar edition, see Item No. 006559
Compiled by: Ancient Faith Publishing
Format: Wall Calendar
Dimensions: 11 X 12 inches
Page Length: 28 pages
Copyright © 2022, Ancient Faith Publishing. All rights reserved.