- Lent & Pascha Shoppe
- Other books featured in the Lent / Pascha catalog
- Taste and See II: More American Orthodox Cooking
Item No. 008491
The Taste & See Cookbooks have been created to help American cooks prepare meals that conform to traditional Orthodox fasting guidelines while appealing to an American palate. Preparing meals during the fast should be as simple and stress-free as possible to allow ourselves more time for prayer, almsgiving, and attending the services.
The newest cookbook, Taste & See II: More American Orthodox Cooking, contains 500 ALL-NEW recipes (almost 50% more recipes than the first Taste & See cookbook). The first 85% of the cookbook contains recipes that conform to traditional Orthodox fasting guidelines (fasting rules) – no meat, no dairy, and no fish with a backbone. Most Orthodox fasting recipes (the non-seafood ones), would also be considered vegan. The final two chapters of the book contain “feasting” recipes that have no food restrictions.
- tabbed dividers
- a glossary
- fasting tips
- mealtime prayers
- edifying quotes from the Bible and the saints
- fasting recipes are marked if they contain wine or oil
- gluten-free recipes are marked with [GF]
- special chapter for “Cooking for a Crowd”
- special chapter for “Our Best Feasting Foods”
Padded hardcover, three-ring format – lies flat when cooking.
Easy to add your own recipes!
Author / Editor: St. Elizabeth Orthodox Church
Format: Hardcover 3-ring binder
Dimensions: 7.5 X 9.5 inches
Page Length: 370 pages
Publisher: Other publisher
AFP SKU: 008491
Retail Price: $24.00